First of all, a DOT approved helmet is an absolute must. Start by visiting your local Retailer for a helmet fitting. There is a wide range of sleek, aerodynamic looking helmets that provide a range of functions. We recommend purchasing a full face modular helmet as well as a half helmet (shorty) so that you have an option depending on your ride. A full face helmet is best for long trips and cooler weather, and also reduces fatigue. The half helmet is best for the shorter day rides and warmer weather.
Hybrid Ultra-Light Half Helmet with Removable Neck Curtain
Part Number: 98390-11VW
- 17% lighter shell than traditional fibreglass shells.
- Soft inner lining with removable, washable comfort liner is moisture wicking and anti-microbial.
Classica 3/4 Helmet
Part Number: 98310-12VW
- Polycarbonate shell.
- Oval-shaped front intake vent.
- 95% UV protection and anti-scratch coating.
- Meets DOT requirements. HJC
It’s a good idea to invest in a multi-functional riding jacket. They work really well in varying temperatures and let you add or remove layers. They also have the armour built right in for added protection.
Miss Enthusiast 3-in-1 Leather Jacket
Part Number: 98142-09VW
- Unzip the vents when you’re hot for a blast of cool air.
- Remove the fleece liner when youre hot or keep it on for superior warmth.
- Reflective piping and graphics increase your visibility on the road.
- Body armour protects your key stress points.
RCS Soft Shell Jacket
Part Number: 98386-11VW
- 100% polyester soft-shell with fleece backing.
- Removable, snap-down hood.
- Designed to fit close to the body.
Always, always, always wear gloves. Most riding gloves have gel pads or shock absorbing material built right in that cut down on some of the vibration you may experience while riding. Besides, having a bug or rock hit your hand while riding at 100km/h is not a pleasant experience.
Leather FXRGr® Gloves
Part Number: 98124-11VW
- 100% cowhide leather.
- Exclusive waterproof Gore-Texr® liner.
- 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material piping.
Windshielder Full-Finger Leather Glove
Part Number: 98318-11VW
- Genuine Leather
- Thinsulate™ liner
- 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material piping
Get into the habit of riding with pants made of denim material or of a thicker material. Always ride with the least amount of skin exposed. Even when it is hot outside and you feel like riding in shorts, please do not give in to the temptation. Those exhaust pipes are hot and they don’t think twice about frying the skin.
Stretch Contoured Boot Cut Jeans
Part Number: 99183-12VW
- 99% cotton, 1% spandex.
- Classic five-pocket styling with lightly distressed denim.
- Mid-rise fit.
FXRG® Leather Overpant
Part Number: 98033-12VW
- Waterproof, lightweight cowhide leather.
- Cocona® Technology wind- and waterproof membrane.
- Stretch Cordura® fabric strategically placed at inner thigh and back knee for maximum comfort.
- Removable, lightweight body armor at knees and back hip.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
A comfortable pair of riding boots with good grip and that cover your ankles is a must. You never know if you might have to walk a couple of kilometres. Always be sure that your ankles are protected.
Part Number: D84499
- Full grain leather upper
- Full length cushion footbed
- Mesh lining
- Inside zipper
- Velcro wraparound.
- Lightweight EVA / rubber outsole
- Goodyear® welt construction
Part Number: D81986
- Leather upper.
- Full length cushion footbed.
- Mesh lining.
- Inside zipper with Velcro® closure.
- Rubber outsole.
- Goodyear® welt construction.
Be safe and stylish with Harley-Davidson® high performance riding gear.